The Whallonsburg Grange Hall was built by Grange PoH Chapter 954 in 1915. It was used for Grange functions and meetings for decades and is a part of the memories of hundreds of residents of the region who attended dances, weddings, receptions, suppers and other events here. From the mid-1980s, the Grange chapter had difficulty managing the costs of running and repairing the building and by the 1990s it was no longer viable as an event location. In 2006, ownership was transferred to the Town of Essex and a new chapter in its life began.
The building is now one of the “destinations” in the region for films, music, theater, lectures and other community events. The certified commercial kitchen is available for food producers, canners, farms and community projects of all kinds.