The Essex Calendar is the quickest and easiest way to discover what’s happening in and around Essex, NY. In addition to the calendar view, you can view a list of upcoming events and add an event. (Lost your password?)
NOTICE In light of the COVID-19 many events in the country and our community are being canceled or postponed. We will do our best to update events, but we recommend you double-check with the venue/event organizer to confirm scheduled events are taking place before attending.
- This event has passed.
Fort Ticonderoga Campaign Season Begins: Daily Visitation (Tues.-Sunday)
May 1, 2021 @ 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
Every day is an event at Fort Ticonderoga and every year is a new experience!
This year, Fort Ticonderoga debuts a new chapter in its story. Discover innovative storytelling on a grand scale with guided tours, witness thrilling weapons demonstrations, explore endless outdoor activities, and see the British-occupied fort in the years just before the American Revolution.
Be sure to:
- Explore the beautiful gardens
- Take a hike on the historic Carillon Battlefield hiking trail
- Ascend to Mount Defiance for a sweeping vista of Lake Champlain and Vermont’s Green Mountains
- Learn historic trades with living history staff
- Tour Lake Champlain aboard the Carillon tour boat
- Participate in entertaining Family Activities
- Meet Mick and Mack, Fort Ticonderoga’s dynamic oxen duo
- Enjoy a takeout lunch from America’s Fort Café
- Stay up-to-date on exciting upcoming signature events
This year, until otherwise announced, general admission capacity will be capped at 600 visitors per day, and advance on-line ticketing is encouraged.
Fort Ticonderoga is open to visitors Tuesday-Sunday from 9:30 am until 5:00 pm (the last ticket sold at 4:30 pm). There will be a schedule of set times and locations for tours, demonstrations, and programs upon entry to Fort Ticonderoga. The property, including Mount Defiance, is closed on Mondays.