The Essex Calendar is the quickest and easiest way to discover what’s happening in and around Essex, NY. In addition to the calendar view, you can view a list of upcoming events and add an event. (Lost your password?)
Note: You must be logged in to submit an event. Not seeing the “add an event” form display after you log in? We’re sorry, but there is a temporary issue causing it to not appear that the plugin developers are working to resolve. Please email your event information to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll get your event on the calendar asap!
- This event has passed.
August 5 @ 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Come celebrate history at our town’s 44th annual Essex Day celebration!
Every year, the Town of Essex comes together on the first Saturday of August and celebrates our community with a town-wide yard sale and street party. Come join the fun and see what makes Essex special.
When is it?
August 5th, 2023 from 10am–2pm
Where is it?
Main Street in Essex, NY (plus yard sales in the surrounding area)
- Town-wide Yard Sale
- Vendor Fair: to register, email email@example.com
- Live Music: Too Tall String Band (10am) & Marie Marie (12:30pm)
- Browse and enjoy refreshments at local shops like The Pink Pig, The Barn Door Tavern (look for their special Essex Day Beer Garden!), The Essex Ice Cream Cafe, and The Neighborhood Nest
- Papa Duke’s BBQ and Indian Bay Woodfired Pizza Food Trucks
- Kid’s Activities sponsored by Lakeside School and crafts with Belden Noble Memorial Library
- Book sale at the Library from 10am–4pm. After 3pm, fill a bag for $5!
- Pop-Up Art Exhibit featuring intriguing collages and mobiles by Plattsburgh artist Alex Clark at The Essex Old Brick Store, presented by Bell Fire Arts Collective. Listen to a talk from the artist at 11 and 2.
- Join CATS staff at 9am for a guided 3-mile hike to celebrate the grand opening of The Essex GatewayTrail! The trail begins on Rte 22, just north of the ferry landing, and passes through forest, pasture, and open farmland until its terminus on Blockhouse Road. The guided hike will continue along Blockhouse Road toward Rte 22, and then loop back into the village.
- End the day with the Essex Theatre Company’s talent show, 7pm at the Masonic Lodge! This annual event is a fundraiser for Essex Theatre Co. and Families First. To sign up to perform or buy tickets, visit https://www.essextheatre.org/